Monday, December 27, 2010

Deployment

Deployment isn't fun! That's just it...no sugar coating it, no pretending it is, it's not! If you saw me out in public, I "appear" to have it together, but most days I don't. Most days a sappy country song I hear on my way to work brings me to tears. Thinking about coming home to an empty house, brings tears. Yes I work a full time job, have a 2 year old, I'm prego, and my husband is deployed! I'm very thankful he isn't somewhere dangerous because I just don't think I could handle that stress of worrying about him too. He's only been gone for 2 weeks. The first month is by far the hardest so that's what I'm waiting on to come and go! Ben left December 10th and won't be back until August. August seems like an eternity! Yes, this baby will be born without him here and no he isn't going to try to take leave. At some point during this deployment, he will be going to Africa so he can't come home. It's kind of sad for this baby. It will all work out! That's what I have to keep telling myself. I'm in Gulfport surrounded by people that love me and are so willing to help me and for that I'm very thankful!

Here are some pictures of Harrison telling dada bye. He didn't understand and still doesn't now. Some days he is mad. Some he is sad. We say our prayer for him every night though. We watch our home videos with dada in them. We listen to the recordable books Ben made for him before he left, but it's still not the same. It's not the same as having him here...





Sorry to vent, but I do feel better! Christmas posts tomorrow. I have to try and get some sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Breaks my heart because I know exactly how it is. I think the worst is watching them say good bye to their boys. Blah! I pray this time flies by for you, and you know that Eric and I are always here if you need anything, even if it's to vent or to take Harrison off your hands for a little while! You can call anytime, and we'll be there. Hang in there Mama! It doesn't get easier, but after the first month you get a little more of a handle on it, if that makes sense. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, this made me cry. I wish I could make it better.
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete


Followers